top of page


Updated: Aug 24, 2019

Traveling outside the country this summer? If you have Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Part B (Medical Insurance), your health care services and supplies are covered when you’re in the U.S. However, in general, Medicare won’t pay for health care services or supplies if you travel outside the U.S. (except in rare cases). See link to learn more.

That doesn’t mean you have to travel abroad without coverage. Here are 3 ways you can get health coverage outside the U.S.

1. If you have a Medigap policy, check your policy to see if it includes coverage when traveling outside the U.S.

2. If you have another Medicare health plan (instead of Original Medicare), check with your plan to see if they offer coverage outside the U.S.

3. Purchase a travel insurance policy that includes health coverage. Learn more here:

Happy Traveling This Summer!

- Mobility & More



bottom of page